Monday, June 3, 2013

Video tour

From the lack of blog posts, it would be easy to assume that not much has been happening on the layout. In fact the opposite is true. I have been busy building bench work, forming spline road bed and laying track. Most of this has been achieved by stealing from my busy day 10 minutes here and there which gets lots done but doesn't allow for much photography.

So I have recorded a video tour of the layout to give an idea of what I have been doing and what I am trying to achieve.


Hope you enjoy it

4 comments:

  1. Really enjoyable, Murray, thanks for sharing. I've only recently come across your blog, but I've enjoyed reading back through it all to catch up. I didn't realise it was 'him off Model Rail Radio' for a while...

    If you fancy whiling away some of your time we have quite a good narrow gauge forum at http://ngrm-online.com where there are several active Australian modellers and many people from elsewhere who would be interested in hearing about your layout.

    Cheers,
    Tom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tom, thanks for you kind coments. I am a lurker at NGRM, lots of great inspiration there.

      Cheers
      Murray

      Delete
  2. Murray,

    Long time lurker, first time commenter ...

    I've got to say I have really enjoyed your layout's combination of US and Australian narrow gauge in a plausible "freelance" situation.

    However, your new plans take, in my opinion, the freelance plausibility to a whole other level - well done. I look forward to the "next ten years" ...

    I thoroughly enjoyed the video tour - thanks!

    Anthony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anthony,

      thank you very much for your comments. It's nice to hear that people like yourself enjoy my musings and your feedback about plausibility gives me some confidence that I am achieving my goal of a railway that could have been.

      Thanks

      Murray

      Delete